We're all here for similar reasons - we've been touched by cancer in some way. It’s up to all of us to show each other that no one is alone. Your IHadCancer profile is your own place to call home during this crazy thing called cancer, we just ask that you keep these simple guidelines in mind when participating.
1. Always Be Nice. This is a place for connections and conversations – we encourage you all to talk openly but please remain considerate in all of your engagement. Don’t post obscene, hateful or objectionable content. Abuse and disrespect will not be tolerated in the IHC community and is subject to deletion and user removal at our discretion.
2. Be a Good Friend. The IHC community is a family. Please remember to be a good friend to the connections you make on IHC. Ask questions that you wish someone would ask you; if you can’t find the right words to say, send a hug, it can speak louder than words. A simple gesture goes a long way.
3. Don't Spam. This includes sending unsolicited messages of any nature, posting links to unrelated content, promoting a survey, fundraiser or product where it shouldn’t be promoted. If you aren’t sure if something is appropriate to post, e-mail us and we’ll let you know.
4. Think Before You Post. Everything you post on IHadCancer is secure, but it is up to you to monitor how much or how little information you are sharing about yourself and your experience. Please don’t share personal or identifiable information like your mailing address or your full name and don’t share other member’s information.
5. If You See Something, Say Something. We work hard to make sure these guidelines are followed closely but if you see something that doesn’t’ feel right to you, please let us know. We review every report we receive and will take anything you say to heart. We promise.
6. Be Open. Welcome newcomers and help guide them through this journey based on your own experience. Whether you are a survivor, fighter, caregiver or supporter, you have valuable information that can very well help someone else who is just beginning the cancer journey. Be open to sharing experiences and give someone else the gift of your time.
Thanks for being a part of our community. It’s up to all of us to ensure that IHadCancer remains a place for us all to call home when dealing with the ups and downs of a cancer diagnosis.
Ho ho ho ho Cancer. I told you soon I will be done with you. They finally fixed the radiotherapy machine. My scheduled chemotherapies and radiotherapy sessions are done. It has come to be just like I told you. The swelling on my neck is gone and th... [Read More]
Dear Cancer. You are a very funny dude. Every day you come up with crazy excuses so you can keep staying in me. You love my body so much but I don't love you, dude. Now the Radiotherapy machine has broken down again I know you are rejoicing. Th... [Read More]
Why did you have to come back to my friend after 9 years? Couldn't you have just stayed away! You suck big rocks!
Life is very interesting with Cancer. The good thing is that you are the boss of your body. If you let it be in control then you are doomed. I have seen many warriors loose the battle half way. This is because they are tired and do not have the will ... [Read More]
You made me a better person before my diagnosis I was a product of my raising. I was a hateful racist ass hat stay in your race christians with christians baptist with baptist, believe in god or go to hell. Then you entered and as my life I watched ... [Read More]
For everything you have done to me. I am still here, and I will continue to be here for me and for my mum!
Dear Cancer. Today is another day that I am attending my clinic for my second TPF Chemo regimen. I feel very strong. The pain is gone and the tumor has shrinked completely from the first chemo cycle. I don't feel your presence in me. I am curi... [Read More]
Dear Cancer, I am glad you passed by my way. You made me discover myself. Now I know who my true friends are. My support group and good will is stronger than thunder and you know it for sure. You have got no place to hide soon you will be terminated.... [Read More]