- For the most part, your I Had Cancer Service activity is broadcast to the wider I Had Cancer community. You can opt out of such broadcasts through your privacy settings
- When applicable, you can choose to broadcast your I Had Cancer Service activity to third party services like Facebook or Twitter, or you can opt out of doing so through your privacy settings. You have full control on what I Had Cancer Service activity is broadcast to third party services such as Facebook and Twitter.
- Unless compelled by law enforcement or service of process related to any legal proceeding, I Had Cancer will never share personally identifiable information with anyone outside of the I Had Cancer network.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DOES I HAD CANCER COLLECT?
The information we gather from customers enables us to personalize and improve the user experience as well as our services and to allow our users to set up a user account and profile that can be used to interact with other users through the Service. In connection with the Service, we request and display some personal information to other users and visitors of the Service, which allows users to identify each other. We collect the following types of information from our customers.
Personal Information You Provide to Us:
We receive and store any information you enter on our Service or provide to us in any other way. The types of Personal Information collected may include your name, user name, address, email address, phone number, IP address, use information, browser information, type of user, type of cancer, treatment, resources, journals, blogs, stories and all information encased within the “Profile” section of the I Had Cancer site. The Personal Information you provide is used for such purposes as allowing you to interact with other users, improving the content of the Service, customizing the advertising and content you see, and communicating with you about specials and new features. We may also draw upon this Personal Information in order to adapt the services of our community to your needs, to research the effectiveness of our network, and to develop new tools for the community.
Personal Information Collected Automatically:
- We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with our Service or services. I Had Cancer automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, cookie information, and the page you requested.
- Generally, our service automatically collects usage information, such as the numbers and frequency of visitors to our site and its components, similar to TV ratings that indicate how many people watched a particular show. I Had Cancer only uses this data in aggregate form, that is, as a statistical measure, and not in a manner that would identify you personally. This type of aggregate data enables us to figure out how often customers use parts of the Service or services so that we can make the Service appealing to as many customers as possible, and improve those services. As part of this use of information, we may provide aggregate information to our partners about how our customers, collectively, use our site. We share this type of statistical data so that our partners also understand how often people use their services and our Service, so that they, too, may provide you with an optimal online experience. Again, I Had Cancer never discloses aggregate information to a partner in a manner that would identify you personally.
We may receive a confirmation when you open an email from I Had Cancer if your computer supports this type of program. I Had Cancer uses this confirmation to help us make emails more interesting and helpful and improve our service.
What About Cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and tell us how and when pages in our site are visited and by how many people. I Had Cancer cookies do not collect Personal Information, and we do not combine the general information collected through cookies with other Personal Information to tell us who you are or what your screen name or email address is.
SHARING OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION USING THE SERVICE
The Service is primarily designed to help you share information, including your location, confidential medical information, and all information related to your profile and/or presence on the I Had Cancer site with others. This not only includes the information that you provide directly to I Had Cancer, but also information that you broadcast to third party services using the Service. You can control your information via the 'settings' tab once you’re logged into the Service.
Please remember that if you choose to provide personal information using certain features of the Service that information is governed by the privacy settings of those particular features and, unless selected otherwise, may be available to the wider I Had Cancer community or may be published on the I Had Cancer website, which is subject to indexing by third party search engines unless you opt out. Individuals reading this information may use or disclose it to other individuals or entities without our control and without your knowledge. Therefore, we urge you to think carefully about including any specific information you may deem private in or other user-inputted content that you create in the Service.
Will I Had Cancer Share Any of the Personal Information it Receives?
Personal Information about our customers is an integral part of our business. We neither rent nor sell your Personal Information to anyone. We may share your Personal Information only as described below.
Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control: In due course, I Had Cancer may become affiliated with a variety of businesses and work closely with them. In certain situations, these businesses sell items or provide promotions to you through IHadCancer’s Service. In other situations, I Had Cancer provides services, or sells products jointly with affiliated businesses. You can easily recognize when an affiliated business is associated with your transaction, and we will share your Personal Information that is related to such transactions with that affiliated business, if you have agreed to be solicited by marketing partners during the registration process.
Agents: We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you. Unless we tell you differently, I Had Cancer's agents do not have any right to use Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us. By using the Service, you hereby consent to our sharing of Personal Information for the above purposes.
User profiles: User profile information including user name, Twitter account name, Facebook account name (when applicable) , and all other information you enter may be displayed to other registered users to facilitate user interaction within the Service. Users' email addresses will not be directly revealed to other users by Company, except, when the user is "connected" to another user as a Friend and chooses to email them from within the Service.
Communication in response to User Submissions: As part of the Service, you will receive Company email and other communication relating to your User Submissions. You acknowledge and agree that by posting such User Submissions, Company may send you email and other communication that it determines in its sole discretion relate to your User Submissions. The Company also will use your email to send you updates when you receive a new friend request, and a I Had Cancer newsletter – however, you can opt out of all of these communications on your Settings page.
Promotional Offers: As part of the Service you may be exposed to offers on behalf of other businesses. However, when we do so, we do not give the other business your name and address.
Invitations: When you invite someone to join the I Had Cancer community, please be aware that we will disclose your real name, as an invitation containing your name will be sent to the email address of the person you wish to invite. This information is necessary to make sure your invitee knows who has contacted them. To build a community based on trust and empathy, we feel this disclosure is necessary.
Business Transfers: In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, customer information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Moreover, if I Had Cancer, or substantially all of its assets were acquired, or in the unlikely event that I Had Cancer goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, customer information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of I Had Cancer may continue to use your Personal Information as set forth in this policy.
Protection of I Had Cancer and Others: We may release Personal Information when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with that law; enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of I Had Cancer, our employees, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
With Your Consent: Except as set forth above, you will be notified when your Personal Information may be shared with third parties, and will be able to prevent the sharing of this information.
Non-Private or Non-Personal Information: For clarity, we may share or disclose your non-private, aggregated or otherwise non-personal information, such as the number of users who live in a given city/zip code (even if only one user does).
Is Personal Information About me Secure?
Your I Had Cancer account Personal Information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You need to prevent unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your computer and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
I Had Cancer endeavors to protect user information to ensure that user account information is kept private, however, I Had Cancer cannot guarantee the security of user account information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time. In using the services, you acknowledge that breaches in security may occur from time to time, and hold I Had Cancer harmless if they do.
What Personal Information can I access?
I Had Cancer allows you to access the following information about you for the purpose of viewing, and in certain situations, updating that information. This list will change as our Service changes.
- Username and password
- Email address
- User profile information
- Recent Activity
- All information gathered during the registration process
DEACTIVATING YOUR ACCOUNT
Should you ever decide to deactivate your I Had Cancer account, you may do so by clicking the deactivate button in the settings tab. If you deactivate your account, your profile, including any messages in your inbox and any promotional offers you received, may be removed from the site and deleted from I Had Cancer's servers. Because of the way we maintain I Had Cancer, such deletion may not be immediate, and residual copies of your profile information or posts may remain on backup media. If you choose to deactivate your account, you will have to contact the site administrator to enable it again.
Questions or Concerns
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy using the Service, please send us a detailed message to Info@IHadCancer.com. We will make every effort to resolve your concerns.